Monday, March 21, 2011

guide us with your Grace

How weird is it that there is sugar or even worse Aspartame in most toothpastes? On Saturday, I was milling about with Mr. Right while he was at work, well working. There were seven people standing there and I asked that question.
No one said a word. Is the question too hard to wrap your brain around? Or do you just want to go on not making any changes thinking what you put into your mouth is FDA approved and just fine and dandy? urgh

Is it weird that just 20 minutes in the sun equals as much Vitamin D (natural vitamin D) than chemically manufactured vitamin D in 100 glasses of milk? urgh

Speaking of cows... A selectively bred cow produces up to 100 gallons of milk per day. A strickly grass-fed cow produces up to a gallon and a half of milk per day.
Chemicals are not making our lives better.

MSG and Aspartame affect your brain. Excess glutamate and aspartame in your brain will facilitate a cascade of chemical reactions resulting in the rapid and uncontrollable firing of synapes- culminating in brain cell death.

I didn't really know where I was going with this topic. I am beyond frustrated. Yes, I feel it is my responsibility and duty to offer up book titles and authors to our kiddos. It is a tricky thing to gently with kindness and concern share information with our four grown children and subsiquently grandchildren. I cannot force information down their throats.

Mr. Right, well a different kind of story. It is my job (which I take very seriously and I am darn good at) to prepare and offer really great REAL (not factory produced) food (minus chemicals) and fresh juice every single day. It is my job to make sure he and I dine on exceptional food, juice, soups daily and even an occasional high quality dessert now and then. It is my responsibility to make sure that I have taken the time to educate myself and offer, to the best to my knowledge, meals that will feed our heart and soul as well as heal what might be impaired.

When Mr. Right is overwhelmed with working 25-30 extra hours, plus the regular 40 hours a week, I make sure he has a wide variety of extremely healthy and nutrious REAL foods to choose from in his lunch box. No, sadly, his lunch box is just plain black. No cool pictures, or sports teams or famous musical groups. Just plain black. Sure I throw in a comic strip joke once in a while, or a cool kid toy, or a cool sticker or card or a sweet note. I try and make the effort to fill that lunch box with things that will lift his spirit and his health to a higher level.

Now, I just have to figure out how to be kind and loving when it comes to talking with other folks about my concerns. Sometimes, I may go overboard (just a teeny bit) and think everyone should care about what they feed themselves and their families. I can be a bit over the top, crazy about it. I want to learn to be gentle and kind and share what I have learned and be willing with an open mind to learn from others. I don't want to become judgemental or nasty towards others who have chosen not to care so much about food choices.

Yes, I replaced our toothpaste. No, no one ever did answer me on that day in the office. No one wanted to jump into a conversation.
Yes, I am concerned with spending three or four days in the hospital and not having anything to eat. Yes, I will plan ahead. Yes, I will make an effort not to judge others and just focus on what I need to eat during that time.

Today, speaking about healthy food choices and being encouraged by others, well, I am plum out of ideas.

I will take today and focus on my little corner of the world and pray for wisdom and as always ask for Grace.

No comments: