Tuesday, March 15, 2011

happy shoes

Last night at 11:00 pm, I put the final stitch in the binding of my cream on cream quilt. That's right, done. Cream fabric and cream thread is getting a little, well vanilla. Yup, boring, there I said it and I fully admit, I am a teeny bit tired of the non color.

Craving color, that's what I am!

I bought a vibrant verdant green Shamrock plant. Oh the little tiny white flowers just pop against the rich green.

I have a huge bouquet of jump up and kiss me yellow daffodils in a rich Polish pottery crock. The juxtaposition of the rich azure blue against the yellow takes your breath away.

Mr. Right gave me a luscious bouquet of magenta pink spray roses over the weekend. The bow tied around the vase is a jaunty pink and green plaid.

While inside the fabric store today, the sales lady said, "OH, I love your shoes. They are just so darn happy." (I know because they make me happy to wear them. They are yellow and green and salmon and peach and pink and pale blue with flowers and
bits of plaid thrown in. They are super, duper cute and they make me smile.)

I was wearing my new "drizzle" coat today. It was pouring down rain, not really drizzling, anyhoot, I think the designer calls the color Tanzanite. The lining is swirls of toile. White with lavender and edged with gold.

The cupcake papers I used today were hot pink with white polka dots. You know how I feel about polka dots. Love em, they are just so darn sweet.

"Life is a great big canvas. Throw all the paint you can on it!"

Driving home after a day in the big city, we saw a double rainbow. Two complete bows were glowing in a dark sky. Certainly got us talking about how lucky we were to see them, what our favorite colors were now a days and on and on.

The washer was pre-washing and then I ironed all the fabric for a certain some one's Easter Spring dress. The colors are hot pink and purple and teal and happy all rolled into one.

Chicken broth that was freshly made today and cooling for the dog in our life is a deep, rich, yellow gold with bits of orange carrot swirled in. Speaking of our sweet dog. She is the most lovely shade of dark golden red and blond and deep amber all mixed up and put together perfectly. I would love to take her to a hair dresser and say please match my hair color to that. Well then we both would have the same hair color....might not be such a good idea. I think one red headed girl in the house is enough.

My sewing table is piled with greens and browns and pinks and splotches of orange. The bulletin board above my sewing machine is a riot of pinks and pastels and lively reds and purples. It is crowded with colors and shapes and stripes and swirls and dog gone it, it all makes me happy.

"He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast." Prov. 15:15

Today, I am saturated in a colorful, happy grace.

No comments: