Sunday, March 27, 2011

gambling?

A little bird told me that my very conservative, non-gambling good and boring Methodist husband was spotted playing the penny slots in Las Vegas late, last night. Who was he with you ask? OUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay so they are 25, 26 and 29 but for heaven sakes they are still impressionable children. No, I don't care that you all won money! I am just praying they did all this before midnight and they weren't gambling on the Lord's day!!!!!

I hear they have lots of little chapels in Las Vegas. Maybe the four of them will repent and this morning after they attend church, donate all those pennies to a Christian fund for the poor and down and out?

Okay, so secretly, please don't mention this to my woman's church group.....I was sort of happy. They were all talking and laughing and having a good time. (as any parent will tell you that is not always the case with grown up kids.)

The weekends are tough for me when Mr. Right is away on business. The days just don't run smoothly or seem to be full of goodness. I feel out of sorts and not comfortable.

So here I go, I decided since "some" of the people in my family don't seem to be practicing their religion this weekend.........I am headed to the store to find some great cards with Daffodils on them. I am going to buy three. I am sending them out as Happy Spring cards to three widows that I know. I think they could use a little pick me up this time of year.

The Good Book says we are to take care of orphans and widows....

So, I guess it is up to me to bring a little dignity and respect back to this heathen behavin' family. :) I am buying really nice cards. I might even spend a little more than I usually do on store bought cards.....apparently we have extra pennies to spend! :)

No comments: