Saturday, March 26, 2011

family reunion minus me

In a weird, delightful, strange and happy twist of fate, there is going to be a mini family reunion today. In a very grown up sort of way, I feel super happy for them. I am sort of a little giddy for them.

As you know Mr. Right is in Las Vegas for a business symposium. Son number one is in the air as I type, headed that way. He will be speaking at said symposium. Next on the list we have son number two. He happens to live about 4 1/2 hours away in California. He and his sweetheart (one of the nicest, smartest, funniest, girlfriends in the world) drove to Las Vegas last night to surprise Mr. Right.

Okay, so daughter in law and sweet grand girlie and me are not there. However, right in the middle of business madness.............something great is going to happen today.

At least until tomorrow morning....the four of them will see each other and hug each other and smile and be happy and eat together. Warms my soul.

It is such a good feeling that it makes staying behind almost okay, really okay.
This folks is the payoff. For all the years and years of parenting, correcting, worrying, correcting, teaching, correcting.............. you get this really happy warm feeling deep down in your soul....when your kids want/choose to hang out with you.

While the boys were growing up, no matter where we lived I had a little counted cross stitch design that hung over the washing machine, as I was sure to see it there every single day......
"The best thing to spend on children is time."

Mr. Right and I are lucky to have four adult children that grace our lives daily.

No comments: