Tuesday, March 29, 2011

blue swirl shoes

Sheepishly, I may have to "take back" my holier than thou blog posting on gambling. Don't get me wrong, it is still our belief that gambling is not appropriate.

Apparently, while playing those "sinful" penny slots, Mr. Right was being watched by his children. Apparently, prior to beginning he said and I quote "come on, Momma needs a new pair of shoes". Then proceeded to win.

While driving home last night from picking Mr. Right up from the airport, he reached in his wallet and pulled out a lovely bill. He said, I have to go with the good karma thing here. This is for you to buy a new pair of shoes!

Insert the religious choir singing in my head at this point.

Hallelujah! New Shoes are pure and lovely and happy..........does that sort of negate the sinful action of gambling to get said shoes?

I am thinking blue swirls on shiny new shoes with a buckle.

A girl can dream, can't she?

In a weird way, gambling sort of brings out the old time religion in me!
Praise the Lord!

No comments: