Thursday, October 7, 2010

yoga rant

Here is my rant for this morning:

Southern Baptist Seminary President Albert Mohler from Kentucky is of the opinion that
people that practice Yoga are not Christians.

Since I am not about to drive to Kentucky (or goodness sakes move on purpose
to his city) to "follow" him, I will continue to practice Yoga every single day of my life.
Then in another part of my day I will continue to read my Bible and try
my best to treat others as I would want to be treated.

Here is a news flash for Mr. Mohler, IF I did not practice Yoga, I for one would not
be able to sit still through his sermons, nor would I be able to go to sleep at night
calmly, nor would I be able to sit and calmly watch a tv show for 30 minutes (still
a hard one with out some type of hand work), if I didn't already go through my
apparently "sinful" 27 minutes of stretches this morning, I would be scrubbing the
driveway and pruning bushes and dancing a jig instead of calmly and quietly
having my morning coffee and typing an insane e-mail about how goofy his thinking is.

Apparently, there are two kinds of people in this world, the kind with open minds and
hearts and ...well you know the rest.

2 comments:

Jan said...

OMG! geez louise, so now I need to give up yoga to be a "good Christian"! No thanks. Well... I don't do yoga, I have 3 CD's and always meant to do yoga. Think this might be motivation to actually start! I know I would look and move way better next full moon doing my skyclad dance to worship the moon. Casting a circle and calling the elements will be a snap!

Emma said...

scrubbing the driveway!!!! omg lol I actually laughed out loud that is like the funniest thing I have heard all day!!! sad part is i'm not even kidding... my mother is crazy you don't HAVE to dance it just helps