Wednesday, November 3, 2010

days of gratitude

I have a friend who wrote this morning "day 3 of gratitude".
I fell head over heels in love with this idea.

I am "stealing" it. I want to showcase, if you will, gratitude every single day for the month of November.

No thoughts of scale or one being better than another.

Yesterday, I wrote to her and explained that I was super grateful for
my Mr. Right, D, G, G, M, Sweet Z and of course my Sweet dog. However,
I was really grateful for my health and the political ads coming to an end.

Today, I am grateful for my loyal dog. She is my companion and buddy
everywhere and whatever I do. She is who I bounce ideas off of. As I
type she is laying with her head in a pile of soft dog toys, holding a
sock all while watching the birds at her bird feeder on the deck. She
reminds me to be grateful for rest time.

I am grateful for freshly made juice. We juice almost everyday.
Makes me feel happy and satisfied and yes, grateful.

Lately, Mr. Right has been hiding a plastic mini pig daily.
Today "paulie" fell out of my nut grinder. I grind flax seeds
for my daily oatmeal. I don't know why a plastic pig makes me
laugh. One day I found "paulie" in my empty coffee cup, awaiting
fresh joe to be poured in. ha I am grateful for a daily laugh.

I am grateful that my cold is 98% gone.

I am grateful that I have a piano to play whenever I want.
I remember years ago taking lessons. That first six weeks, I drove
to a Masonic Hall and used their piano to practice everyday. Some days
before volunteering at a nursing home, I would arrive early and
practice in the basement. Once we purchased a piano,
we lived in a duplex at the time, so when the neighbors left
for work or shopping, I would practice the piano. Yup, I am lucky
and grateful to have my own piano and practice and play whenever.

I have a sign in my kitchen that reads "GIVE THANKS". It is always there
reminding me daily what to say before I start baking or cooking or creating.
I am grateful that I have the "timber" in my cupboards to bake and cook with.

For today, November 3rd, I am grateful.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I have a chalk board in my kitchen, this month I wrote "give thanks" and I'am writting something different under it everyday that I am gratful for.
How funny is it that we are both doing something similar!