Friday, November 12, 2010

grateful for memories

Today would have been my father's 73rd birthday.

I guess each family has one person that sort of connects
everyone. With goodness or stress.

I do remember a couple of good times when I was a kid.
I don't remember but have been told, that when I was an
infant, my parents used to put me in the back of my
father's police car and he would do his rounds and
drive around until I fell asleep. No, no car seat,
just me wrapped in a blanket.
Apparently, I was fussy? I wonder what would have
happened if he had to arrest someone and "take them
in"?

He was a little disappointed he had three girls and no
boys. So I was more of an annoyance I think.

Once I hit junior high and on,
he was gone most of the time making a living
and providing "things" for our family.

Yes, he was very well educated and held jobs of
importance. He also started out as a commercial
fisherman and a MP in the US Army.

It is ridiculous to think that if he was living,
he would be the hero and make my family act nice
and be kind to each other. He would step in like
a knight in shinning armour and make everyone
accept me and me little family.

So for today, I will remember a couple of happy
times and live in a fantasy world where he would
make everyone be nice. Thanks Dad.

No comments: