Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Teasing my Taste buds on Tuesday

Still working on a title for Tuesday's recipe
sharing.

drum roll, and behind door number one.............White Chocolate Raspberry Trifles!

The fondest memories are made gathered around the table. So call a couple friends, set the table and dig in. This could be a great memory in the making.

Saturday night we hosted a lovely fall dinner party. Let's be honest, I could go on and on about the appetizers or the Vegetable Bisque with Thyme or the roasted garlic smashed potatoes with fresh Parmesan, but no one would really care. What everyone wants to hear about, see and learn to make is the dessert.

Okay, it was so good and easy, I made it again for Sunday night's family dinner. A certain little sweet Grand girlie loved a bowl of fresh raspberries and a couple of teaspoons of the cream.

Buckle up here we go:

First earlier in the week I baked a yellow cake in a jelly roll pan. Let cool. I cut out the entire cake into circles using my biscuit cutter. Wrapped each in plastic then froze them. I stored them in a zip lock bag in the freezer.

I used a full bag of frozen Raspberries to make the sauce. Mix together 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 3 Tablespoons sugar, 1/3 cup cold water and 12 ounces of thawed raspberries. In a small saucepan, mix & cook over medium heat, until it boils. Continue stirring and boil one minute. Pour sauce into a mesh sieve placed over a bowl to remove seeds.

Let an 8 ounce tub-o-cool whip thaw in the refrigerator. YES, I said cool whip, crazy I know.

Melt 3 ounces white Ghiradelli baking bar. cool slightly. Mix the melted white chocolate into the cool whip. It will break up into a million little pieces (not the book, silly).

Okay set up your assembly line. I used stemless wine glasses as my trifle cups. Put a spoonful of sauce in the bottom and a sliced in half cake round, then a dollop of the cool whip, then some sauce, then a piece of cake .......you get the idea. Top with lots of fresh raspberries and a couple pieces of melted and broken white chocolate.

I love what the recipe says at the end:

Serve to fancy people.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Great! "Serve to fancy people"... that leaves Jeff and I out;(