Friday, October 14, 2011

Found a Resolution for 2012


Yesterday, I went shopping and had lunch with a girlfriend. I wore a skirt I made last year. I love(d) that skirt.
I used a wool blend and I love the black and white check. I always line a skirt so I don't have to mess with a slip.
It was made to fit me perfectly. No complaining here, just lost a few pounds and inches since August and things
are not quite right. The skirt was hanging a bit long. I like the pattern enough to remake it for this fall/winter season.

I love to wear dark tights with my skirts as they keep my legs warm. Yes, I know I have written about loving jeans,
oh I do, just some events call for something more put together than jeans. Let's face it, I am a big talker. I have never once worn jeans to Sunday church, never wear jeans going out to a nice dinner, never worn jeans to a cemetery, my legs have not slid into a pair of jeans to visit a friend in the hospital. Never once have I worn jeans on an airplane flight.

I need to get past my crazy thoughts about buying tons of "cute" and trendy sweaters at Old Navy, Target etc... I NEED to learn to buy
more good quality, grown up sweaters that fit! The fit. Oh my, I buy everything too big, too sloppy, guess it is something I need to polish a bit.

Scarves, love 'em and have a ton. I keep buying more. Am I getting old and just like the warmth around my neck?
If this was 1940 would I wear a mink stole all the time?

When I purchase clothes, I need to give myself a two day window for alterations. Wash, remove tags, extra buttons, hem and take in the sides or shoulders etc. That way, the new items will be ready for wearing not just sitting in my closet
and me thinking "those need to be hemmed".

When you open my closet doors, you see a sea of colors. All the hangers facing the same way, all the clothes buttoned the same way, all the shoes lined up and ready for "the call". All the clothes perfectly blending one into the next color. All the whites lined up
all the pinks in their place. The reds are up next then we easily blend into the oranges and on and on. The issue I see is that if I were on that show "What not to wear", they would say
UM, do you notice anything??? I would sheepishly say notice what? Almost every single piece of clothing that I own, with the exception
of a spring bathrobe, two sweaters and one coat and two plaid skirts are SOLID COLORS. I really need to address this.

I guess solid colors are my comfort zone? Might need to spice that up just a bit?
Hey, I do have some jazzy lime green rain boots with hot pink flowers all over them.

I am thinking that I just found one of my New Year's Resolutions for 2012. Work on updating, donating old,
replacing some of the tired old clothing looks with something fresh and new, well fitting and updated.

Wish me luck! Better yet, wish Mr. Right good luck. He may not know what hit him when he sees me in a leopard print skirt that fits perfectly.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Better than me... mine are lined up by size. In fact my closet is half full of stuff I can't wear. I have about 5 dresses with tags still on them :( I think I do that because I like a sale and the tags show "all the money I saved". of course not wearing them, doesnt really make it a savings does it?
I did just invest in clear shoe boxes, so my shoes are very organised. :)