Wednesday, October 5, 2011

soap

You already know I make my own laundry soap. I love that. I love that it works super well and is CHEAP and EASY.

Today was day three of my newest experiment.

I made my very own dishwasher detergent. I have used it three times now.

I LOVE it. It is CHEAP, easy, so easy and does an amazing job. I would have to say two to three times better job than any type I have purchased in the past. I am very impressed.

Here you go:

Dishwasher Detergent ingredients:

1 box Borax
1 box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
24 packages of unsweetened lemonade drink mix, like kool-aid. (**Note: lemonade will stain soap dispenser yellow, another option would be to use citric acid instead of lemonade)
3 cups Epsom Salt
Lemi Shine rinse aid (this recipe does not work very well without it)

I am just so darn happy with the results. yippy!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

This sounds like a fun recipe. Where does one find Lemi Shine? I have never heard of it. How does this recipe work with extremely hard water? We had actually gone to complete hand washing. "We" got tired of rewashing dishes but if this works, everyone in our house will love me again.