Monday, October 10, 2011

struggle

I struggle with some things. I feel like if I could get a handle on some goofy stuff, life as I know it would be more simple, smooth, straightened out.

I can't seem to wrap my brain around the idea of not balancing our national debt.
When did it get so out of hand? We have all been given the responsibility to manage/budget some amount of money. When did it become okay to borrow money and print more? It is a tough trick some days to continue to listen to a group of people (leaders) not willing to make living in balance a priority. When did it become acceptable to not address the problem head on when it begins to happen? When did it become okay to pretend money issues would simply go away?

The Mariana Trench. I can't seem to wrap my brain around a body of water so deep it contains whole mountain ranges.

I want to know the exact date that it became okay to say to someone hurting or in trouble, "I am praying for you" and let it end there? When did it become okay, not to follow that sentence with sending a WRITTEN card or note? When did it become okay to say, "I am praying for you" and then not take over some baked cookies or a thermos full of coffee or cocoa? Where was I when the rules of human behavior slid into an area where you just say, "I am praying for you" superseded taking real action and taking care of our fellow man in true deed? Oh sure, I believe in the power of prayer, but let me tell you, it is a lot more believable when someone follows up with honest to goodness actions.

I can't for the life of me understand why people are so steadfast against following rules of kindness towards others. When did it become okay to be so self absorbed, self centered, entitled?

When did it become okay to be lazy? Why is it not frowned upon?

Why did it become acceptable behavior not to send a condolence, get well, or a thank you card?

It eludes me why being a good wife is not a valued trait.

Did I miss the memo that said it was okay to go out in public in slippers? Sweatpants? Pajamas?

I feel so frustrated when a medical issue arises, that a large amount of people want to take a pill to fix it and not figure out what the cause was/is and address that point. Why is it so dang difficult for people to make the connection between good nutrition and overall good health?

I need a colorful lively craft room to keep my juices flowing. One step over that line and it just seems messy and cluttered and does not inspire creativity. When did it become okay to not take pride in a clean and organized car, home, closet, purse?

Could someone please tell me when the words "you are welcome", turned into "no problem"?

We watched "True Grit" over the weekend. I loved a line at the beginning of the film.
Nothing is free, with the exception of God's Grace
.
Seems straightforward and simple to understand, yet working for something seems to be just outside of many people's grasp.

I love receiving comments about blogs I have written. I receive them here as well as my hot mail. This time, I encourage your thoughts and comments. Actually, I am looking for answers. I want to get the answer, fix the issue or problem and move on so that my brain can work on more positive thoughts.

Our weekend was not spectacular. It was good. It was renewing. I feel like it was two days well spent. In today's morning mail, we sent out one get well card, one thinking about you card, one college care package and yes Virginia, in addition to mailing cards and a box of goodness we prayed for those people as well.

May each of us be bathed in Grace as we meander through a new week.




1 comment:

Carmen said...

We, all of us, have become the proverbial frog being boiled in a cold pot of water. If the water had been hot to begin with we would have understood what was happening, and jumped out but it wasn't hot, it was frog temperature. So now most of us have been boiling away, and it is too late to get out of the pot, without help. Also...

Many of us have absolutely no excuse, but that is where grace steps in, and forgiveness. I have been trying to help my children and others (some people under my teaching and family members have been putting on airs, judging others as less than they are because they are not as talented, or gifted, or intelligent, or as educated, etc.) to understand that not one of us walks on water. We are all a work in progress, and all we can do is to take one step forward and try to do better next time. So I myself have had to learn to forgive 7 times 70, for the many times I have been offended. Hopefully I will find forgiveness in return, but if not, I need to take one step forward, and remember I don't walk on water.