Friday, December 10, 2010

v a c a t i o n

While going over the map and locating several places we are headed out to find, a funny thought popped into my noggin. I have been saying over and over, gosh Mr. Right needs/could use a vacation. It has been long over due. He is working way too much and way too much stress has crept into his professional life. Then it struck me.............I could use/need a vacation too! I usually don't feel like I need a break. I have a pretty good life. I can create days where I don't work as much as other days....then I thought maybe it is just what I could use.

So for today, I will bake some delicious Scottish shortbread. I will wrap it in a special tin and then wrap it up as a birthday gift for Mr. Right. Seems to be a yearly tradition as far as birthday gifts go. I will bake some blueberry oatmeal bars to take on our trip.

I will pack my suitcase. I will have a manicure and pedicure. I will lay out some great outfits and colorful warm scarves to take along.

Time to buy some new Christmas music for the car trip. Maybe Trans Siberian Orchestra is just the ticket?!

We found a Dutch Brothers coffee shop and four quilt shops around our hotel. The beach is outside our patio door.

So today, I will fuss and tidy and do all the regular Friday chores. I will bake and pack/plan an over the top, delicious, decadent cooler full of treats and goodness.

Sweet Liberty will get a buff and puff and we will pack her biffy. Somehow sleeping 19 hours a day is exhausting and she needs the fresh air of the ocean and the soothing sounds of the water to relax her.

Our family is headed out to explore new territory (read that as quilt shops and coffee joints). We will expand our minds by taking a brewery tour one day. However, I am thinking that the evening will be filled with the fireplace crackling, the wine glasses will be put into use and we will be prunes every single evening for spending too much time in the spa and pool.

Sometimes giving yourself the grace to enjoy the quiet, down times...the vacation times is just what the soul needs.

See you on the other side of birthday celebration...winter vacation...2010.

ps. I am buying five bleached star fish to hang from my dinning room light fixture.
Yes, I hope to find them at a tacky beach souvenir shop with an uneven wooden floor
selling fudge and salt water taffy that I never buy.

No comments: