Monday, December 20, 2010

not a huge Christmas fan

Who knew? Who knew that by sticking my nose in and jumping in with both feet, not only could I/we help someone......we could start to heal ourselves?

Not being a huge fan of the Christmas season, this caught me off guard.

Oh sure, there are things I love, love, love about the season....

I love that moment of rustle and energy and sound put forth when I along with
a concert hall full of people move to stand for Handel's Hallelujah chorus.

I love that first smell of evergreens in a spotlessly clean church once the
hanging of the greens is completed.

I love the look of a dark evergreen fresh tree hung only with white Chrismons.

I love the silly requests to Santa, " I want pants." funny, just funny

I love to catch a glimpse of a car load of family headed home with a fresh cut
Christmas tree tied on backwards on top of their car.

I will admit to LOVING rug lug Jewish cookies this time of year.

I love using woven loom red, white and green pot holders, handmade just for me this season. It makes me feel special and thought of.

After this weekend of giving............it sort of caught us off guard.
Things looked prettier, more sparkly, if you will. This season seemed a bit brighter.

Hey Virginia, the Christmas spirit is alive and well. I just needed to be beaned on the head with a club to remember.

I must say if feels pretty nice.

No comments: