Sunday, September 12, 2010

Taco Night at Nana's

I had my first taco when I was 17. The High School cafeteria is where said taco was devoured. It came wrapped in paper and it was like opening a present. I loved it. Oh, this was the start of a beautiful relationship. I have indulged in the fish taco, the vegetarian taco, the chicken taco and on and on.
We usually enjoy the vegetarian "meat" taco at our home. Tonight we invited Sweet Zoe for her first Taco night at Nana's. The smells of garlic and black bean hummus and onions, lots of onions. Taco's done just right.

As I enjoyed dinner, we passed pink polka dot girl around. She was not super happy with the spicy smells. She liked the sound of the pond outside. She liked the smell of sweet strawberry, blueberry parfaits. She fell asleep during dessert.

I was secretly smiling. I had finished, yes you heard me correctly, I finished her Christening gown about 15 minutes before they arrived. aah..........that is the sound of me relieved and happy. Hours and hours of stitching finally came to an end for this project. It is done, complete, over, yippy!

Oh don't worry, I have three more projects waiting in line for Sweet Zoe. I have a sweet pink jacket for winter, a funny Japanese bear and felt desserts and sushi to sew for make believe sushi parties!

As I type, Mr. Right has done all the dishes from Taco night (one of the reasons he is Mr. Right). The washer is going with the linens, we have plans for nacho night tomorrow for all the left overs. The dog can rest, because that little baby is not in her space any more. All is right with the world.

Glad I ate that taco 31 years ago. It was indeed the start of something really, really good in my life. Casual Sunday dinners with laughter (& some crying now) and spicy tacos and orange cream soda to wash it all down. A feeling of accomplishment hidden behind a secret smile.

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.

No comments: