Wednesday, September 29, 2010

more bride to be advice

As you know, Mr. Right is from Quebec. He adores, loves, dreams of Maple cookies. He has tried many. I have bought many. I have been trying to come up with the perfect (to him) maple sugar cookie with icing. I have given it the "old college try". I have tried many a recipe. Yesterday, I hit pay dirt!!!!! Yup, it's true. Mr. Right doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. So when he had one when he came home. Two cookies for dessert and two prior to bedtime. I knew I had a winner. He even took two today with his lunch.

It made him really, really happy. I felt giddy in my stomach that he was so happy. I have already started planning when I will make them again. I want to find the perfect tin to give and store them in. I will make a batch for him the next time he gets a raise or he has a great golf score. I always bake fresh Scottish Shortbread for his birthday. Yes, I wrap it as a present and tie it with a ribbon.

So here is the relationship advice........write his mom a note. Yes, I said write. Not e-mail or text, actually take a pen to paper and write a simple note. Tell her you want to know G.I. Joe's favorite childhood cookie. Ask her politely for the recipe. Here's a secret, she will LOVE that you asked. Okay, if there is not a recipe, ask what brand of store bought cookies he loves. Make it happen! Keep the recipe or the name brand. Write it down. (oh, yes, send a thank you note to the mom telling her how happy G.I. Joe was with his surprise treat.) Make or buy the cookies. Package them in a great tin or a take out box or a sweet bag. Use a ribbon, make it an event. Make him feel special. Yes, he is one tough Army guy. Yes, even the toughest of the tough like to secretly feel special. Trust me on this one girlfriend................what goes around will come around. You are really doing a favor to yourself. No man can just accept a sweet, thoughtful, loving, kind gift without doing something sweet for you. This is another one of those win/win things in life!

Advice number two for today........buy or make one or two little tiny drawstring bags/pouches. We have a black one with a skull and crossbones on it. It is for the car/s. Put $10.00 cash and $2.00 worth of change in it. Put one in each car. Do this together. Tell G.I. Joe it will make you a very happy girlfriend. You care about him way too much for him to ever be stuck somewhere with out a little gas money to get home. You want him safe. The change, oh that will come in handy when you need to park somewhere and need change for the meter. If you EVER use the $10.00 replace it that next day. Make sure you ask/check to make sure the bags are up to date. Once he gets the idea that you adore/love/care/head over heels in like with him, he will totally love that you care enough to make sure he is safe. Yes, again, he is a strong Army guy. Yes, you are a strong and capable Army woman. Make sure you are both safe and can get home to each other safely. I can almost guarantee that you will feel special when you find him checking to make sure your emergency gas money is in your car. Make the effort to take care of each other. You will not regret it for one single day.

Here is some girlfriend to girlfriend advice, buy great underwear and keep it looking great. Oh sure you can have super sexy little nothings. I can tell you heart to heart, ALL G.I. Joes love that. I am talking about everyday sweet undies. Cute colors and sweet ribbons, make the effort. Budget in the upkeep of said underthings. Every single person on this earth who has a special someone loves to get a glimpse now and then of somethings sweet, lovely or sexy on the other person. Sure we all have comfortable and serviceable underthings that work well under work clothes or wearing to the gym, keep those for those times. Make the effort. Oh and by the way, nothings says on your way out the door you can't share just the tiniest of peeks of what you have on under your outer garments. Nothing wrong with a little teasing now and then.

No comments: