Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cookies make the world go round

Today I am trying out a new recipe. Hot Chocolate Triple Chip Cookies are baking. I am having a really large cup of coffee (and admittedly, ½ can of cashews). No, I am not having a cookie. No car today, so I have to be careful about what I eat. Between the three kinds of chocolate chips and the hot chocolate powder, I would be running for the hospital. No amount of Benadryl would help that combination.

Sadly, Mr. Right does not have a super sweet tooth. So I have to find creative outlets for my baking obsession. (Thus the dog cookie business was born, ha.)

The cookies are for a few different folks. 1. At work, Mr. Right welcomed a new assistant, she started work yesterday. I thought a nice container of cookies would be a perfect way to wish her luck. 2. A single young guy at Bruce's work that I always bake for. 3. Our friend's son is over on this side of the mountain today for another WSP test and he might stop by to say hello or to see if I have fresh cookies. 4. I will wrap up two for Mr. Right’s lunch tomorrow. 5. My favorite reason of all. Ever since last December when we found out we were going to be grandparents, I have been baking a batch or two a month of homemade cookies. I decorate the container really nicely. Always a tag and I always put a little extra effort into it. They go to a friend. He is single and from Turkey, works with Mr. Right and just happens to be a professional photographer. Each month he gets his cookies, he is always so happy. He asked what he could do for me. So back in the beginning, I said I wanted to barter. He asked how so? So I came up with a plan. I bake and bake and bake and give him homemade treats once or twice a month. He in turn will do a photograph session with Sweet Zoe in about a month or two. I get the picture I want, the new mom and dad get the pictures they want and our photographer is a super happy man. He thinks he is getting the better end of the deal. I think I am getting the better end of the deal. We both WIN!!!!!! Amazing, how baking cookies, at least in our little corner of the world, the culinary and economic worlds go round smoothly.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Oreos are on sale at safeway this weekend... mayber I will do my version of baking and pick some up... LOL

Chandra said...

Zoe is so beautiful. What a precious gift that has been added to your family. Enjoy every minute of her grandma.