Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Three months ago today, I received a new knee. Yep, only a short 90 days ago. After recovering a couple weeks, I went back for a check up. Things looked good. I gave my surgeon a heartfelt and grateful thank you note. Mr. Right & I both shook his hand and looked into his eyes and said we were grateful and appreciative.

I was thinking of him today. He is in Afghanistan serving our country. He is doing his real job. He is a soldier and his job is to defend our country to the best of his ability. He is there to repair our hurt soldiers. He is one of the good ones. You and I WANT him on our side. He is smart and is well trained. He is a man of honor.

If I had an appointment with him, I would tell him what I did today. I did 22 minutes of yoga this morning. I made the bed and took a shower. I did laundry and made breakfast. I did the dishes. I vacuumed the entire house and storage room. I worked outside for 2 1/2 hours doing heavy yard work. I pulled weeds and picked up branches and moved old pumpkins. I blew off our circle driveway. I swept and pulled more weeds. I shoveled up pine needles and filled our yard waste container. I came in and made my lunch. I cleaned the laundry room. I have a batch of dog treats made and baking in the oven. It is only two in the afternoon. There is still plenty of time to create and make and accomplish a whole lot more today.

My knee is working well. I am walking the dog daily about 1 3/4 miles. I am doing my exercises and working on balance and stretching.

My surgeon would be proud of me. Heck, I am proud of me. In 90 days, I have turned a bad situation into a positive one. Okay, so I am still managing a bit of pain now and then. I am having to learn all over again about getting cold and trying to stay warm.

Today, I am grateful for modern medicine. I am grateful for tytainium knee replacements. I am grateful for a skilled surgeon. I am grateful that I live in a free country, where as a woman I can walk my dog every day by myself.

I have much to be thankful for.

Have I mentioned that I am a very lucky girl?

I am choosing to be grateful and celebrate today!

2 comments:

Jan said...

But... are you "sorry you waited so long" yet? LOL :)

Need I Seymour said...

Just love this post, Miss Daleen. Awesome to read how far that you have come along and how positive you are!!! I admire people like you, with such focus and drive and care for many.