Tuesday, November 1, 2011

bliss

Sunday's Child is sharing Treats on Tuesday. A recipe with zero guilt.

Lucky me. I happen to have a wonderful wrought iron chandelier hanging over my bathtub. Mr. Right hung it up with a pulley system. So once in the bath, you can lower it down to a level just above the bubbles. When lit, it casts the most becoming light & shadows all around the room. It is not electric. It is to use with candles. So each of the little pedestals holds a candle. Imagine this, you put on some wonderful relaxing piano music and you glide into a bath tub filling with warm water. Under the water, you pour in some of your home made bubble bath. Why homemade you ask? Because in this recipe you don't add any chemicals which will soak into your body through your skin. This is a no guilt recipe. No chemicals or additives, nothing harsh, just pure goodness.

I found some bottles at the local brewing shop. For a few Christmas gifts, I am making homemade bubble bath for some girls in my life. Now comes the creative part of adding a bit of girlie touches to the bottle. The label you ask? Of course, I am designed it myself. She happens to be a lovely curvaceous mermaid with lots and lots of curly hair.

Sweet Dreams Bliss Bubble Bath

This bubble bath has lavender and patchouli oils to relax you before bedtime. Use soft music and lighted candles in your bathroom for a soothing effect.

6 drops of lavender oil
3 drops of patchouli oil
1 quart of distilled water
4 ounces liquid castille soap
4 ounces liquid glycerin

Directions: mix the water, soap and glycerin together and stir.
Now add your essential oils to the mixture. Add to your bath and enjoy every single moment of bliss. When your fingers begin to look like prunes or you have run out of hot water, which ever comes first.....

Towel off, wrap up in a fluffy white robe and go find some sumptuous lingerie to slip into. Sleep perchance to dream.


Next week, I will share a recipe for Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars.(excuse me, my mouth was watering a bit while I typed that) Between now and next Tuesday you will need to find a friend to share with. The recipe makes too many to eat yourself. The season is upon us. The time has come to start sharing some goodies and kindness.

No comments: