Saturday, September 17, 2011

Best Librarian ever!

Today was my first day back to our local library in about 2 1/2 months. Hip, Hip, Hooray!!

I do love the smell of a library. I love library books. I love the quiet and the possibilities of finding "the" perfect book. I love my library book bag. I love only checking out 20 at a time, so I can keep track. I love checking out my own books. However, I do miss those little cards in the back and having to take them to the main desk for the librarian to stamp.

I miss the card catalogs. I was always super duper careful for fear of dumping an entire drawer and then having to alphabetize every single card. I do love the computer system of today.

What a wonderful world we live in when you.......go back to the library after being gone for 77 days.... and the BEST Librarian in the world comes up and hugs you and says "It's great to see you, we missed you!" Now, that is the kind of world I like living in.

I left today with a smile on my face. My "boyfriend" was carrying my stack of books and our wonderful, red & wild curly hair librarian said "see you next time".

Yeah, I am a lucky girl and life is so good.

ps. I am writing a letter to the head honcho of all the libraries in the state of Washington to tell them what a GREAT employee they have. We are lucky to have her!



1 comment:

Carmen said...

Our favorite librarians are being laid off...libraries don't seem to carry the same value as they do in your neck of the woods. Budget cuts, someone believes that cutting libraries will save the county/people money. Those same someones seem to have lost their sense of what is valuable, or they are just plain ole poor readers. :(