Wednesday, January 26, 2011

good morning, it's 1:57 pm

Yesterday was an icky day. It included the dentist.
It included drugs and frustration and nothing nice.

Today, I awoke at 1:57 pm. Gee, I don't think
that has happened since I was 15 years old.

My Golden Retriever is a really great companion.
She is a wonderful "sick" dog. She pretends to be
sick and in need of sleep and books and quiet time
when you are. That way you don't feel silly
in bed at 2 in the afternoon of a regular Wednesday.

I just now finished making two thinking of you cards.
One friend had a hip replacement in November 2010.
One friend had knee surgery in September 2010.

Yes, I have taken/sent get well packages. I have
sent many cards for weeks after. I just thought
I would send them thinking of you home made cards
today. Just to check in and see how they are doing.


GOD BLESS any human that has to go through
any type of treatment for months and months. It is
a long fight. A lonely one at that. Sure the Hallmark
card company tries to sell the idea of friends and family will be
there for you and you will get an overwhelming
mailbox full of cards and letters. Wear your ribbon
people! Wear it for everyone to see how concerned
you are! Here is the truth.......it is your husband
and dog that see you through the tough grind. Day
after day.

Today, I am tired and hurt and very, very grumpy.

I am going to double my efforts to send cards and
postcards and e-mails and letters to my friends
who are going through long term situations.
through each day.

No comments: