Wednesday, December 28, 2011

manners come in a uniform too

Yesterday, on my way to do a couple errands a huge SUV was tail gating me. I could not even see the license plate they were that close.

I am too wise (read that as too old) to play that game. I just put on my blinker and pulled over on the side of the road to let them pass.

RED AND BLUE FLASHING LIGHTS.............right behind me!

Officer comes to the window and asks if there is a problem.

I said, first I had no idea you were a Sheriff. Second, I do not appreciate being tailgated so closely that I could not even see your license plate. Obviously, you were in a bigger hurry than I was. I am not interested in having someone follow so closely on my fanny. It is dangerous and rude.

He said I am sorry. He took a deep breath and said, "Maam, I apoligize for my rude driving."

I said thank you.

He said have a nice day. I said you, too.

Having and using good manners do fix some problems.

No comments: