Saturday, June 19, 2010

technology & two pouches of juice

I read on face book this morning, my friend's 11 year old son was having his annual juice sale. They live about 20 miles from us in a nearby town. He has his own cash register. He found/bought it on e-bay. They had to order the receipt tape from back east. They found the company on line. He is an articulate & well mannered kid. He is friendly and puts you at ease right away. Not that a kid needs to do that for adults, he just has a way of smiling and being kind, makes you feel lucky you met him. The money is divided between Children's Hospital and MD. He put the proper money in his cash register, the extra change divided equally between the two jars, and gave us a professional receipt.

I haven't seen my friend since High School graduation. Most of the time, I like face book. This morning is why I LOVE face book. She still has the sweet smile and sparkle in her eye that I remember.

So Mr. Right and I headed out. We drove 20 miles, found the place, paid our moola, got a professional receipt, met the dog and the husband, got to visit and smile and talk. We bought some fresh berries and vegetables on the way home. We drove by my old house. We drove home happy. We found a GREAT place to spend some of our budgeted monthly charity money.

I have almost zero interest in going to our 30 year reunion. So I decided to make an effort to meet up with some of my old chums. Take some friends flowers, from some, visit the juice stand, plan to attend a concert one chum sings in....you get the idea.....Secretly I am hoping that our new grand baby will be born on that day, so I "can't" attend the reunion.

Driving home with Mr. Right, chatting and drinking juice out of a pouch...doesn't get much better. Oh don't get me wrong, I still hate those juice pouches. To get the straw into it without spilling is just not likely. Years ago, our little boys could do it easily. I jabbed and jabbed and pushed and tried and spilled every time. Yes, today, I spilled over my jeans. This time, I don't care, I enjoyed the juice. I loved the way we spent a Saturday morning.

I found some Grace to bathe in today, and it feels lovely.

No comments: