Tuesday, August 3, 2010

stitching alone

Any chance I could be the only 48 year old person living today
that feels like they were born in the wrong time frame?

I love to quilt, sew by hand and machine, counted cross stitch on linen,
embroider, bake, cook, set a nice table, make cards and do crafts of many kinds.

I am smack dab in the middle of a counted cross stitch birth sampler.
I am doing the celtic embroidery in gold thread on a Christening gown.
I am awaiting a pattern for a quilt I am planning for a Christmas gift.
I have a couple stacks of fabric waiting for some inspiration.
I have four blank dish towels waiting for some embellishment.

Sometimes, just sharing my progress with Mr. Right is just sort of blah. Oh,
he always is complimentary and says all the right things.

I just miss having girlfriends to discuss handiwork with. I miss sharing and
show and tell. Today, is one of those days, I can't wrap my brain around why I
enjoy doing handiwork and I feel so alone.

Finding joy in the "doing" has to be enough sometimes.

No comments: